Saturday, May 30, 2009

gmail helps in the kitchen!

Well, Gmail continues to amuse me with their ever-so-helpful ads. I make sure to check them out every time I'm in my email now. I emptied my spam folder today and it started offering up yummy sounding spam recipes. Let's take a vote and decide which one sounds the tastiest:

Spam Veggie Pita Pockets - Serves 8 (Oh thank God! We'll have extras!)

Spam Fajitas - Add extra salsa if desired (I'm pretty sure extra salsa would be required to choke it down.)

Vineyard Spam Salad - Combine grapes, spam, pea pods and onions in large bowl (Pea pods? Who uses pea pods as an ingredient?)

French Fry Spam Casserole - Bake 30-40 minutes (You can actually hear your arteries clogging!)

Ginger Spam Salad - Serves 1. Refrigerate overnight (And who said spam wasn't healthy? It's salad, people!)

Skillet Spam Fry - Stir until golden (Spam can get golden?)

Ok, I could do this all night. Every time I refresh the spam page it gives me a new one. This is lots of fun. Pretty soon I'll have enough to make a whole spam recipe book. It will fly off the shelves. I know all my loyal blog followers will buy a copy, right? They also gave me another "Get Happier" ad. I wonder how many of those they have. The website doesn't work though. I tried and it said the link appeared to be broken. If I wasn't suicidal before, I am now. That was the only thing I was holding on for. The only good thing left in my life. Goodbye cruel world!

Sleep tight!

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. oh nasty, lol! Gmail sure is keeping you occupied these days. It's a conspiracy, all in their plan to reel you in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to cast my vote for the Vineyard Spam Salad. Grapes, spam, pea pods, and onions all together in one dish! mm mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? I have never even tasted Spam! My Dad was in the Navy, back in the day, and therefore it was never allowed in the house! Don't think I'll be trying it any day soon, even with your lovely recipes!
    ~Michele from By your Side

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Spam is just pig chaff. Like the little bits that are left over after you use all the edible stuff. Like Folgers is coffee chaff. I guess that's what head cheese is, leftovers. I think Spam is just head cheese (I'm not entirely sure what head cheese is, but I think it's pig head loaf--lips and ears and such) in a loaf shape. Pig head loaf. Well I think it's pork. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vineyard spam salad sounds awful!

    Did you know that Spam sells more Spam in Hawaii than any other state? So, you should target that market when you get your cookbook together! (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete