Saturday, May 30, 2009

bath sweetness with attitude

You know how Blogger sends you an email when you get a comment? Well, I was reading my comment emails from the suicidal Gmail post this morning, and I got a new ad:

Don't Let It Get To You - www.happier.com - Anger is Bad! Happy is Good :-) Learn How To Let Go Of Negativity

Apparently, my comments about my blog about my Gmail diagnosed depression (or GDD as we in the psychology world refer to it) have led to more ads encouraging me to buck up; put on a happy face; be my own best friend! This one is a little more accurate though. Anger would better describe my hang-up. They're getting warmer! Talk about targeted advertising.

I got my cool new mesh shorts in the mail today. Now, I know what you're thinking; "I thought you weren't buying anything." This is true. However, I have classified shorts as a need. If you disagree, come down to Houston and walk my dog in 95 degree heat with 200% humidity in black yoga pants. Then we'll see what your priorities are. 

Anyway, I ordered these cute little mesh shorts from Soffe. I love mesh shorts, but I have a hard time finding girl length ones. I look ghetto in the ones that go down to my knees. I was hesitant to get them because they're called "Mesh Teeny Tiny Shorts", and in the description it said that they "run small". For crying out loud. Michelle does not wear anything that "runs small" with "teeny tiny" in the name. Basically because I'm too old to be walking around looking like a hussy.

I was very torn because they're darling and I can't find normal length ones anywhere. Plus they were only $10. They don't look so bad in the picture by themselves, but in the picture where a girl (hussy) is wearing them, it looks like she has them pulled up to her boobs and twisted and clipped in the back. Lordy. Has anyone else noticed that 12-year-old girls prance around looking like cheap call-girls? Because for real. I would slap my child seven ways to Sunday if she ever dared to wear something like that out of the house. On that note, there's a really hilarious book called "Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old Like a Skank" by Celia Rivenbark. Amen sister.

Ok, focus. I debated for awhile, and then went ahead and got a pair, just to see. They came in the mail today and I was pleasantly surprised to find that my business was completely covered when wearing them. You're not gonna catch me looking like a hoochie. So now I must have them in every color.

I'm trying to think of a smooth and/or witty segway into my Spoonful of Sugar. Not that I've ever bothered before, but I wanted to today for some reason. Alas, I'm coming up blank. So I'm just going to go with my usual: sudden, choppy and basically non-existent transition.

Ok, so I know that all my Spoonfuls have been bath stuff lately (as Keirsten so kindly pointed out), but cut me some slack. I feel like crap. All I want to do is soak in something wonderful and I'm out of soaky stuff. I'm operating in crisis mode. I'm doing the best I can.

Today I have another bath bomb. I tried to search for other things, really I did. But my heart wasn't in it. I love it when people use unique or funny names for their items. So this caught my eye, not only because it was a bath bomb, but because the name cracked me up. It comes from Baths Not Bombs. It's called Suck It, Cramps. Freaking awesome. Bath products with attitude. My kind of stuff.

It would be really awesome if she made one called "Suck It, Ex-Husband." I'm not sure exactly what would go into that one, but then I don't know a whole lot about essential oils and the like.

I'm, once again, not getting anything done today. I'm going to attempt to make my own earrings. Aren't I frugal and money conscious?? In reality, I'm bored of watching TV and I really don't feel like grouting. I can make earrings in bed though :) I might do some more serving utensils, but that might require too much of a commitment from me at the moment.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. You are SO funny your posts make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to tell you that you just made me laugh out loud, I don't buy shorts for all of the reasons you just described, I love reading your blog, it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bath bomb looks cool-gonna check out that shop.

    ReplyDelete