Tuesday, May 19, 2009

candied trees

You know what the most important part of tiling is? Besides the tile, I mean. It's the grout. It pulls the piece together and gives it a finished, cohesive look. Without grout, it looks like you just glued a bunch of tile on something.

You know my my least favorite part of tiling is? Grouting. It's such a job! Put it on. Squish it into every crack. Smooth it out and make sure there are no gaps. Let it dry just long enough before you get out a sponge and scrub the crap out of it. Scrub until your arm wants to fall off. Then scrub some more. Then wipe the edges of the tiles to make sure you have even, straight grout lines. Repeat as necessary.

I grouted all day today. My right arm is shaking. I'm exhausted. I was wearing a tank top today and I looked in the mirror and my right arm is actually visibly bigger than my left. It's actually a nice arm. All tone and defined. My armpit roll has even disappeared. My left arm looks the same as it always did. *sigh* I'm going to have to start lifting weights with just my left arm. Sadness.

I've tried to grout and scrub with my left hand, but I'm really bad at it. I'm far from ambidextrous. I'd be curious to know how many calories I burn when I'm grouting. I did 6 things today. It took me 7 hours. I have to grout them all a second time tomorrow. Yay. Something to look forward to.

Today's Spoonful of Sugar comes from By Apryl. She makes really cool wire things. My favorites are the trees! They're really cool. It kinda reminds me of something that my gma used to have. A throwback :)
This isn't my birthstone. Mine is garnet, but I liked these so much better. They were more summery too. I also like the candle rings. Check out all her stuff!

I have to ice my arm now. Gotta be primed for "Grouting: Round Two" tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention! Tell your doggy that miss priss says hi!

    ReplyDelete