Sunday, May 10, 2009

sug-ah

Well. It's been an interesting day. I got a lot of staining done. I made a huge sticky mess. Have I mentioned that I HATE stain? Ugh. So gross. It's hot as Hades outside. Not that it's even gotten close to the kind of hot it's going to be here in Houston. Good old Houston. So humid it feels like you're drowning when you walk outside. Yummy.

I'm on my feet all the time. Me and Jers walk 2.5 miles a day, 7 days a week. I stand most of the day, either outside to stain or paint at the worktable or inside by the sink scrubbing grout off my masterpieces. I got a massage the other day. Mom got me a gift card at Christmas and I kept forgetting to go. See how stressed I've been? I forgot a stinking massage. Sad day. Anyway, after my massage was over the girl was like, "Are you on your feet a lot? Because the muscles and ligaments in your feet are incredibly hard and tight. It looks like you put most of your weight on the inside of your feet too, and that's not good."

Lesson of the day: pay attention to your massage therapist. I brushed it off. Yeah my feet hurt. I stand all danged day. Duh. But today, I tore a ligament in my foot. I just took a step and hit my knees. The pain was so bad. At first I thought it was a bad muscle cramp, so I stretched it and rubbed it and tried to walk it off. Not so much. So yeah. Torn plantar fascia. That would be the ligament that connects your toes to your heel. It hurts when I walk, when I wiggle my toes, when I flex my foot, when I stretch my foot, and basically anytime I think about my foot. And now my other foot hurts from putting so much weight on it!

I know I'm being a whiny baby, but for crying out loud in a bucket! How much crap is one person supposed to take. I guess that's what I get for telling the universe to "bring it on" in a fit of rage. Second lesson of the day: don't take your anger out on the universe.

I'm supposed to tape it, take my pain pills, ice it, keep it elevated, and stay off my feet. Well, 2 out of 5 isn't bad. I can't stay off my feet. It's what I do. I hate ice. It hurts and basically makes me grouchy. Plus I don't like doctors, so I get mad when they tell me what to do. I broke my foot and didn't use my crutches or walking cast. Well, I did for awhile because my foot was literally incapable of holding my weight. That lasted about two weeks though. Then it was, hello Ace bandage and hobbling. I never went back for my recheck either. You think I'd learn because the bone healed funny and now I have a lump on the side of my foot. I broke my pinky once too and didn't go to the doctor at all. Now I have a hunchback pinky. I was kinda bummed because it was my favorite pinky. It was skinnier and had a prettier shaped nail than my other one. But I don't learn. I figure if broken bones didn't kick my ass, a ligament has no chance. Rub some dirt in it and walk it off.

But tonight my Spoonful of Sugar is in honor of my aching, throbbing foot. It comes from Blissology. It's called the Footsie Bar. It's a fun name. I know it's technically for dry feet, but I love peppermint and it just sounds so refreshing and tingly.

So go check out the shop! There's all sorts of blissful sounding things there. And check out the Sweet Coco-Mango Soap. It's purty.

No comments:

Post a Comment