Saturday, May 23, 2009

taking my sweet time

I feel seriously icky tonight. Like ill. Like throwing up. Not that any of you wanted to know that. I dunno what the deal is. I'm dedicated though. Here I am doing my Spoonful before I fall into bed. It's only cause I had it picked out a few days ago. I never would have actually searched for it feeling like this.

Anyway, I'm finding I need new everything because everything reminds me of my husband. Most recently I discovered that my watch reminds me of him. I remember the night we got it. It was a good night. Ugh. Maybe that's why I'm sick.

Anyway, I went watch searching on Etsy. As with everything else, I'm very picky about my watches. I absolutely fell in love with this one though. It comes from McFarland Creations.

I adore it! Now only if I actually needed a watch. I'm really trying to be better about the want vs. need thing. We're in hour 14 and I'm doing pretty dang good. Check with me after I've been puking all night though.

Good night all. If I don't make it back, happy Memorial Day weekend. Take some time to pray for and think about those who are sacrificing for this country. Being a military wife gave me an incredible appreciation for the things they go through. I have some good friends (including my soon-to-be-ex) who are deployed right now so you can be safe. For all the bitter things I feel, he's a good person. Really, he is. He's done his best to be kind and walk me through this when I need him. He's on his 3rd deployment. I think about him and worry about his safety often. I want everyone to return home safely. 

They work so hard and give so much, even for those who are completely unappreciative. This is something I am very passionate about. Seeing the struggle firsthand, I can tell you that whether you agree with the war or not, they are doing what is best for you. No matter what you believe, they are fighting for your right to believe it openly and to express yourself. Remember that there are husbands and wives who are sleeping alone tonight. There are children who haven't seen their father or mother in months. There are parents who pray every night for their son or daughter to make it through one more day. They do it selflessly and at their own personal expense. For that I say, God bless them and their families in extraordinary ways.

xoxo

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate. 
It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a fair trial. 

It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." 
-Father O'Brien 

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." 
-Winston Churchill

3 comments:

  1. That watch is stunning!

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor dear! It sucks to be sick on long weekends. I've had a cold for 2 weeks now that a lovely student on my school bus was kind enough to share with me. I'll take the cold over how you are feeling though. Hope you get better quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are feeling better!! I totally agree with you about supporting our troops, my husband just retired from the Nave after 21 years. Sometimes I don't think people "get it!"
    I wrote a post about Memorial Day too, come read!

    ~Michele from By Your Side
    http://michele-byyourside.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete