Tuesday, June 23, 2009

risky sweetness

Well, Gmail had some new words of wisdom for me today. It's been awhile. No wonder my life was spiraling out of control.

Take a D E E P breath - www.happier.com - Exhale...Get yourself to happier.com and Let Go Of All That Anger!

It's so funny how it does that after I write a depressing post and all my wonderful people leave me sweet comments! You guys are awesome. Every single comment makes my day. Thanks for taking the time.

Have I mentioned how much I love my prison show?? It's probably unnatural to get as much enjoyment out of it as I do. Do you know that there are still prisons that execute people by firing squad?? I guess you get to choose your method of execution and this guy was talking about how he chose firing squad because he wanted them to "have to look at who they were killing" and not "just inject him with something". Like he's trying to get them to feel bad about it. Give me an effing break. Then he's talking about how the conditions are horrible and it's like a dog in a cage and dogs get treated better than prisoners. Blah, blah, blah. He said that he's humiliated, degraded, and neglected everyday. Golly gosh, my heart just freaking bleeds for you. Perhaps we should have considered that before we slit some one's throat, hmm? Pardon my lack of sympathy for your plight. People like that disgust me. It's prison people, not Club Med.

I learned something else useful from my show though. You can totally buy drugs with a credit card! Dude. I had no idea. It's been awhile since I was on the streets. I just had this hilarious picture of drug dealers in creepy alleys with a credit card scanner. "Would you like credit or debit? On no, we don't take American Express. Killer usage fees. Input your pin number please. Now, this is going to show up on your statement as 'Crack Cocaine'. I just want you to know what it is, haha." Oh and they were talking about how they smuggle drugs into prison. I'm sorry, this is a little graphic, but I don't want to smoke, snort, or inject anything that has been hidden in some one's "body cavities". Withdrawal sounds preferable, thanks.

Tonight's Spoonful makes me smile. She has a shop on Etsy and ArtFire. It's a shop called Risky Beads and it's as cool as the name sounds. Her catch phrase is "Accessories with Issues". Finally someone else sees the necessity of this. I have issues; it's only right that my accessories should as well. Plus, a lot of her stuff is named after food, and well, we all know how I feel about food.













It took me forever to narrow down some of my faves. Make sure to go look at her whole shop because there's something for everyone. She has fun and impeccable taste.

Hahaha. This guard was just searching and cell, and he goes, "And this is a crack pipe. So they can smoke crack." Wait, really? It doesn't like hold precious keepsakes or something?

I didn't sleep too well last night, so I'm gonna go. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG I LOVE Risky Beads. Fav'd it, have it on my blog list. Gorgeous, totally cool stuff. I love her Three Bean Salad bracelet. Probably sold by now.

    Ha ha, kind of fun laughing at someone else's self inflicted misfortune, esp. when they're an asshole. I never contemplated that Prison Break might have humor value. Love your alley way credit card scene. You could totally write for television. You could write the screenplay for Pineapple Express II.

    ReplyDelete