Monday, June 1, 2009

bag full of sugar

Here is the face I get when Jers wants a walk. She stares at me. I dunno how long she would do it. I've held out about an hour before. Then I started feeling really bad. Crazy dog. I took the pic tonight with my cell phone. It's not a great picture, but she looks cute anyway. My baby.

I have the headache from hell. I've been clenching my teeth all day. That means a nice long night of grinding. He's such an idiot. Thank God for Excedrin migraine.

Ok. No more complaining. At least until tomorrow. Today was...survivable. I kinda had one of those blackout days; where you try so hard not to think that you realize it's 5:00 and you have no clue what you did all day. Small miracles. I live for them.

I tried to be creative with my Spoonful tonight. Branch out a little. So I picked a purse. I adore purses. You can never have too many. I need more like a tote bag though because of all the crap I carry around. It's funny how the bigger your bag gets, the more you "need" all that junk. Do I really need a flashlight and a first aid kit (it's small, ok?) in my purse? Probably not. But the second I take them out, I'll drop something important during an eclipse or start to bleed out from a paper cut. So my stash keeps growing right along with my purses. There has to be a limit right? Like a point where it plateaus?

It comes from LiReca. It's called the Shell Bag and it's way cute. I had a hard time picking the fabric I liked the best, but I settled on this one.


It's neutral without being boring. The perfect blend. It would go with almost everything I own too! I also like the little Zipper Pouches. I could probably use one of those too...

You'll all be proud to know that I didn't purchase anything today! Well, I renewed my Norton Anti-Virus subscription, but that definitely qualifies as a necessity. Don't want my identity being stolen!

9 comments:

  1. Back when we only had one dog and she lived in the house, she would do this thing that meant she wanted a walk. It kind of went like this: Hmmm ummmgh

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great bag!! Wonderful fabric. After having two kids and lugging a diaper bag around for 4 years - my purse is really small. Holds my cell phone, wallet, keys, small kleenex container and maybe a lip balm if there's room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - we live on a farm, so our dog is out all the time, though we do put her in at night. She doesn't need to wander around in the dark and wake us up with her barking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog from Keirsten's blog. Glad I stumbled upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just had a thought...how is Jersey doing??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww your puppy is cute...and so is the purse. Isnt it funny how we neeeed tons of stuff in big bags? I'd truly be fine with just cash and credit cards in a little wristlet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love being the person who has that unlikely thing that someone else asks for--"You wouldn't happen to have some white-out on you, would you?" Why yes I do. A tape measure? Yep. Tide Pen? ALWAYS. And nail polish (I'm rummaging), those little gripper things you put in the heels of your shoes, one leather glove, beta blockers and some Klonopin, nail buffer, perfume, tampons, and of course that one thing every girl needs, Gas-X. And K-Y Jelly? How did that get in there...?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kati - Jers is doing great!! She'll be with me when I come through Dallas, so she can meet your babies :)

    Keirsten - You inspired me to rummage. Measuring tape, dog treats, a sponge, and 3 types of hand lotion. You've got good stuff in your purse! Klonopin? Geez.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sponge? in case you see grout? ha! I've never had a sponge in my purse. you ARE prepared, MacGyver. Yes, I never leave the house without Klonopin. Or Gas-X. Incapacitating anxiety can happen at any time (comes and goes) and I need to be able to function and get home again. Fortunately I don't have to use it very often.

    ReplyDelete