Monday, June 1, 2009

i'm a stealer

Ok, so I found this blog on the Etsy forums today. It's called Creative With Clay. Not only does he make beautiful pottery, but he has the coolest blog feature. Every week he picks a color and people submit their items that match and then he does a group of 6-8 items that he picked out of the submissions. It's possible that I may be the only one excited about that, but it's a good idea!

I've thought about having people submit their shops for my Spoonful of Sugar, but honestly I like the finding part too much! But it would be fun to generate some participation. So, I think I want to do something like that. Obviously, I won't completely jack his idea and use color, but maybe a theme or a word? What do you guys think? What should my thing be?

And at least I gave him credit for the idea :) That makes me not such a complete stealer. Right??

But would anyone play along? I don't want to do it and then have like 2.5 people submit things. Don't ask how I'd get 2.5 people. I just like decimals.

Anywho, just thought I'd throw it out there. My brain has been on overdrive today. That's a dangerous thing. I have to walk the dog and I'll be back later for my Spoonful.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool idea!! and you did give him credit, so feel free!
    ~Michele from By your Side

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree the finding part is fun! Plus it's more rewarding when you are chosen that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should try it. You only have to do it once. Or once a quarter. Your choice. You could have a different theme every time. I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a great idea! A word would be good idea. Or whatever...just use a color if you really want to :) I will not tell on you.

    ReplyDelete