Tuesday, June 2, 2009

back porch sweetness

Mom said the eyebrow doesn't look too bad. Said she probably wouldn't have noticed if she wasn't looking for it. She's probably just being nice. Haha. Oh and yes, I was laughing at myself for those who were wondering. If I didn't laugh at myself, I'd be crying all the time :) Everyone needs to be able to laugh at themselves.

I'm tossing around the idea of applying for a columnist position. I've never written professionally though, so I don't know. I'm afraid if they said no to my writing, I'd take it personally. We shall see. I've gotten some good support from my Twitter friends so far, so thanks for that ya'll.

I've never been a huge fan of gourds. They just generally aren't my style. I like more color. My Spoonful tonight changes all that though. It comes from Studio Tempera. They make the coolest gourd lampshades! I haven't a clue how they do it, but the end product rocks!

How gorgeous are those?!? I've never seen anything like it. But I want them hanging outside on my future back porch with my future cute patio furniture where I will have the best future parties ever in the whole world. And everyone will admire my awesome gourd lampshades. I cannot imagine how long something like this would take to make. It pays off in the end though! So go check them out and maybe get one for your current back porch!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty! And you should totally try for that columnist position- you're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS!! GOING THERE TO LOOK NOW - LOVE THEM!! and yep I am yelling!

    ...and yes apply for that job!! You would be great at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...ok I am back...that store was delightful. I enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing your sugar with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, I say apply for the columnist position! It defintely cant hurt!

    And they are the most amazing sparkly things Ive ever seen! I want them for my future porch too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those lanterns. You should really try for that columnist position.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those ROCK. Better than Lite Brite!! I wonder how they made all the holes different colors...Like tiny little stained glass windows. You would be an awesome columnist. You're already doing it, right here. I would read your column. I DO read your column. You'll be like Carrie Bradshaw!!! Definitely apply. And if they picked somebody else you'd get over it. Don't let that stop you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HAVE to apply for the position!! I think you are a GREAT writer!! You have a unique gift and your point of view when writing about life's ups and downs is so totally entertaining!!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete