Thursday, July 23, 2009

sugar covered grace

I know, I know. I'm kind of a tease. I talk about big curve balls and then I won't explain. It's good. Really, really good. But I'm going to hang on to this one awhile. I'm gonna hold it close and just savor it for a bit. Then I'll tell you guys all about it.

I found a new quote that I adore. It's from Shel Silverstein and it makes me smile:

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me...Anything can happen, child. Anything can be."

Doesn't that just make your heart happy?

Anyway, my Spoonful word for tonight is grace. I just love that word. It's Kaitlin's (my niece) middle name, and if I have a daughter I want it to be her middle name too. It's just such a pretty word and I've always thought that if you take to heart the things it means, you'll be a better person.


I absolutely adore those postcards. They are so gorgeous. I love the use of color and lighting. I really love the perspective they used too. They're stunning.

I find pearls to be incredibly elegant and classy. They seem to be the jewelry incarnation of grace. I love how this necklace combines a traditional style with a more modern look. The contrast is gorgeous.

And how freaking cool are those cards that look like a purse! You have got to make absolutely sure to go browse that shop because there are so many cool, fun, unique, and beautiful cards to look at. I'm in awe of the creativity and talent. I'd feel horrible writing in them!

I love how yummy that soap looks. The scent sounds so soft and feminine and the colors are awesome. Does anyone know how they make the perfect little swirls in the soap like that? They're crazy cool.

Anyway, last night was a late night/early morning and I'm tired as hell. I'm gonna call it a night.

Ugh. The palm of my hand itches. I hate that. No matter how much I scratch, it doesn't make a difference. What's up with the skin on your palms that makes it un-itchable?? Drives me nuts.

Totally off the subject. Lack of sleep is messing with me. I hope everyone has a fantastic night!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pearl necklace (so many things to blatantly copy, so little time), and I can't believe that "clutch purse" is a CARD. Wha? That's one of those "this-card-is-your-present" presents. Put a $20 and a business card in it and call it good. I have that exact tile in the pearl photo, haven't been able to make it work in a photo, I like what they did there. Hope you got some good sleep!

    ReplyDelete