Saturday, July 18, 2009

catch some sweetness in a jar

Well, trouble found me. I knew it would. Didn't take nearly as long as I expected either. Although my sister and Ben were sick last night, I took one for the team and went out with a friend. We went to see his friend's band play and then to two different people's houses. When I went to bed, the sun was completely up. Lordy, Lordy. Someone please remind me that I am too old for this. I've done all this crap already and it almost killed me the first time around. I had an awesome time though and I didn't drink so much that I feel like ass today. So, overall it was a success.

Luckily I don't have to be grown up or responsible quite yet. I'm pretty sure that will put a direct stop to all my wildness. Haha. Oh well. Enjoy it while it lasts, huh?

My dog is currently laying across the pillows at the top of my sister's bed. Lins is too nice to move her. If I was sick like that, I'd be pushing her furry little rear over. Instead Lins is just wandering around the apartment finding things to do until my princess dog feels like moving. I hope she's not holding her breath.

Anyway, my Spoonful word tonight was "firefly". I don't know why. Other than the summertime always makes me remember catching fireflies at my grandma's house. And I like fireflies cause they're pretty. There aren't any in Texas. This upsets me. So tonight I have brought fireflies to the Lone Star State.

The line-up: Tree of Fireflies from zMac Photography, Mini Firefly Lantern from April Hiler Designs, Sterling Silver Firefly Bookmark from Ysabelle Sol Art & Jewelry Designs, and Firefly from Bean Tree Designs.

I apparently have this thing with tree art. Those are the ones I'm drawn to. Isn't it cool though? All the lights in the branches? Yeah. I thought so. I thought that little lantern was darling too. It's supposed to be for a flower girl to carry at a wedding. I'd just hang it up somewhere since I will never, ever be party to another wedding in my life :)

I love my Amazon Kindle, but I really like bookmarks too. And this little firefly bookmark is awesome. But I have nowhere to put it. Good thing that doesn't make a bit of difference when I'm picking out stuff for my Spoonful!

I've noticed that I always have jewelry in my collections. This just highlights my sick obsession. But you know how they say you should love yourself for who you are? I'm just gonna go with it. But I love the colors and the dangle beads. I have a thing with dangle beads too. I have lots of things. That sounds awkward...

I'm going to bed now. I feel like I've taken my Ambien even though I haven't. In case you were wondering, that's a rather scary phenomenon. Since I'm not allowed to be on the Internet after I take my Ambien, I should probably go now before it gets really ugly. Jers is still snoring away on my sister's pillow. Imagine that.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Night, you probably just need extra sleep from your wild night out :) glad you are living it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a weird obsession with tree art too...especially the crazy looking dead ones...dont know whats wrong with me! :) Thanks again for the mention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amazon Kindle seems interesting, but I feel like I would miss the book itself, like the way it feels and smells.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tree too! Rest up!
    I have left you something on my blog, come and get it!!
    ~Michele from By Your Side

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there, just discovered your blog. You have very good taste. Love your spoonful's. The firefly stuff is great. We dont't have them down here in Oz either! Also like your tiled works. Love seeing peoples kre8ive expression!!!!!

    ReplyDelete