Wednesday, July 29, 2009

road trip sweetness

Well, I'm off on my road trip adventure tomorrow afternoon! I'm headed up to Dallas to visit a friend and her husband, then off to Kansas, then back through Dallas to stay with my cousin and visit family there. I really hope I'm in a driving mood tomorrow. Sometimes I could drive forever and just sing to the radio and sometimes I just want to be out of the car. Fingers crossed that it's the former for this trip...

I'm still trying to figure out how to upload pictures from my BB to blogger. I'll get it at some point. I'll be sure to take interesting pictures and have good stories to tell. I'll definitely take a picture of the vast bleakness that is Kansas. Love visiting everyone there...but I would be terminally depressed if I lived there. Not near enough trees and green. Lots of crops as far as the eye can see.

Anyway, in honor of my road trip, my Spoonful word tonight is *gasp* "road trip". Shocking, I know. Totally didn't even see that one coming. Don't pretend like you did.


First of all, how cool is that charm??? I love those trailers. They're so cute. I always thought they looked like eggs. A friend from college had an uncle who lived in one on his parent's property. We called it "The Egg". As in, "Does the A/C work in The Egg this week?" I have never seen a charm of that before and it just stinking rocks.

There were a whole lot of photos and prints that came up when I searched road trip, but I fell in love with this one right away. I love those old signs with all the wooden arrows. And it has Route 66 on it, which I really wanted. I've always wanted to drive Route 66. It's on my list of things to do before I die. But the photograph is gorgeous and I love how it captures the whole mood.

I. Adore. This. Bag. I want one soooo bad! It's huge. I could actually fit more than my toothbrush in it! And it's so darn cute. I love the fabric. Gray is my fave. Now, there is actually a Road Trip Bag in this shop as well, buuuut this one is the same bag with zipper upgrades. I love zippers. So technically it's still the Road Trip Bag, only on steroids. I will have this bag. Too bad it won't be in time for this road trip.

These atlas bracelets are so darling. I can't wear big bangles like that because they make my arm look like a freaking twig. I hate it cause they're so cute, but it's just one of those things. Anyway, I can totally see myself wearing this on the road and walking into a gas station to buy a nice, healthy snack (ok, chocolate frosted donuts...) with my sunglasses on top of my head. I would love so incredibly road trip experienced. Which I really am, I guess. But then people would know, you know?

I'm aware that I think about really strange things sometimes. Atlas bangles send me into a whole scenario. By the way, my weekend bag is in the back of my car in full view of anyone walking by. That way if they don't see my bangle, they'll still know. Mmmm...chocolate donuts. I am so getting some of those tomorrow. It's like a road trip staple. My husband doesn't even ask anymore. He just comes out bearing donuts. Good man. Took awhile to train him to do that though, so be patient with them girls. They get it eventually.

Now I'm thinking about donuts and that makes me think of breakfast. Which in turn makes me think of cereal. And now I want cereal. So I'm going to get some Corn Pops and then I'm going to bed. I have a lot of packing and other little things to take care of before I leave tomorrow.

Next time I talk to you, it will be from the road!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. you're on the road! I'm sure you woke up in a driving mood. hope your time with friends and family is rejuvenating. look forward to photos! take some of the doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! We want more details about you know who....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring Charm Star's trailer charm necklace! It's one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete