Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the sweetness that is google

Google is my hero. Want to know what song you just heard on the radio? Only remember 6 words and 3 of them are "it", "the", and "can"? Not a problem. Google will find it.

Have no clue what the hell a Catahoula is and need to find a picture? Bring. It. On.

Want a true-to-size ruler on your screen? Google will get you one.

Are you in desperate need of a new Spam recipe? Google will suggest them before you even have to ask.

Got a blind date? Google his name. No surprises.

Experiencing severe depression and/or anger issues? Google will offer something better than Prozac.

Want to chat with your husband right through your email? Google is there for ya, babe.

Whether it's tracking the visits to your website, blogging, financial advice, satellite pictures of your house, photo editing, a map, a translation, or even someplace to organize and store your medical records, Google will never fail you.

Is there anything Google can't do? Probably not. Because today I found out something exceptional. You can send a text to "Google" on your cell with the name of something, a city, and state and Google will promptly text you back with all area locations and addresses. Ho-lee crap.

My sister taught me that today. Am I the only person who didn't know about this? And am I the only person who thinks that is it the absolute coolest thing EVER? GPS? 411? Who needs that when Google will freaking text you back! Blows my mind.

So in case you couldn't tell by all my subtle lead-in's, my Spoonful word for tonight is "google". Feast your eyes...


I believe that the "Google It" sign says it all. This will grace my entry way. It will say to all who enter, "Don't ask me stupid questions; ask Google." And there are a lot of other fun signs in the shop as well. Another fave: "Sarcasm: Just One More Service I Provide".

How fun is that headband? Seriously. It made me smile when I saw it. Plus whoever is modeling it has super fantastic hair of which I am insanely jealous.

For those of you who have faithfully read my blog, you know how "me" the next sign is. I know I'm no longer headed down the ex road, but the sentiment still makes me smile. I think I heard TJ roll his eyes on the phone when I told him about it. Husbands never understand things like that.

I love bracelet watches. They're cute and functional. Plus I like dangly things on my wrist. But this is like classy google eyes. I love that. The colors are just gorgeous too.

Anyway, travelling always makes me sick. I think I just get so exhausted. But it never fails. I always get sick. I had such an awesome time seeing everyone. I have the best family ever. I'm lucky to have been raised to be so close to them all. I'm so glad I got the chance to spend time with them all before I head back to Georgia.

But I'm tired and I feel icky, so I'm gonna call it a night. Sweet dreams!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. :) catahoulas

    I always forget to use that google text thing! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love this! Thank you so much for including my Google It sign!! Your blog is awesome and something I will check out often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also LOVE Google. It taught me everything I know. Someday I am going to make one of those fish decals for my car and I'm going to put "Google" in it (I can't believe they don't make these already), b/c I treat Google like a deity. I may be struck by lightning shortly after I do so, but I'll know all kinds of stuff when I do.

    ReplyDelete