Thursday, August 13, 2009

a spoonful of eggplant

I smell like grease. It's embedded deep in my hair. Every time I move my head I smell it. That always happens when I eat at a Mexican food place. My friend is going into the Coast Guard next week and we had a going away dinner for her tonight. Yummy food, nasty after-smell. I'm going to have to shower before I lay on my pillow. Otherwise it will be tainted.

Anyway, according to Real Simple magazine, there are 4 colors that flatter everyone; regardless of coloring and skin tone. I'm not sure if there's some kind of scientific reason behind this or if someone just decided that everyone looked pretty cool in these 4 colors. Either way I found the info pretty interesting. So I'm basing my next 4 Spoonfuls around it. Each one will be a little ensemble of one of the most flattering colors.

The first color on the list is eggplant. I think eggplants are really pretty. I always want to buy them in the store even though I know I'll never eat them. Plum and eggplant seem to be pretty big colors for the fall (don't I sound all fashion savvy??).


I absolutely adore the fabric on that coin purse. I think it's so gorgeous. I'd love to do my comforter in that fabric. Yum! And the flower is gorgeous. I love the flowers like that.

I've never lived somewhere where I actually needed a scarf, but I've always thought they looked terribly sophisticated and stylish. Especially with a pea coat. A white coat would look especially cute with this scarf. I love the chunky knit look of this one. So cozy looking!

I've never thought about pairing eggplant with yellow, but I can't get enough of the color combo on this shirt! Plus I love the slouchy style. It's sexy and *ahem* forgiving at the same time. I look trendy and I don't have to suck in. Doesn't get much better than that.

How cool are those earrings?!? I can't imagine how long it would take to twist the wire into the beautiful intricate pattern. I also love how the bead is slightly off center. The perfect eggplant earrings!

Well, it's time for me to put on my PJ's and have a date with my DVR. It missed me while I was gone. Gotta catch up on the quality time. Hopefully my hubby calls soon. When he calls too late we don't get to talk for very long. Buuuuuut we did get to talk on the webcam today!! :) His always freezes and is really blurry so I don't get to see him really well, but it's so nice all the same. Plus he tells me how gorgeous I am the whole time. Can't beat that with a stick.

xoxo

p.s. Love the multivitamins I got at GNC! They're coated in a yummy sugary flavor so they don't taste like ass. Big plus. The pink pills make me a little jittery and kind of hurt my stomach. Supposedly I'll get used to it. We'll see. I'll give it a few more days.

4 comments:

  1. Love it! True you did do a purple blog! I have seen SO much purple lately. Co-worker says purple is the new pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what the other 3 colors are! great Spoonful.

    I am approving comments b/c I got some spam the other night. The spam guy became a follower (with his 2 spammy blogs) I just wanted to discourage him. Thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot to tell you. Aub bought vitamins for me this morning and they are gummy vitamins and delish!

    I have a hard time swallowing big pills and I guess he felt sorry for me as I gagged in the bathroom trying to start my new good vitamin taking habit.

    I will have to try the CVS ones next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Michelle, nice to meet you : ) Thanks for the mention!
    Great picks - I adore purple......

    ReplyDelete