Sunday, August 16, 2009

drops of teal sweetness

I hate moving. It just bites. I don't even actually have much of anything to move at this point and I still want to burn everything I own so I don't have to transport it. I got some space bags today to pack my winter stuff and jeans in. I'm only taking my car, so I have to be conservative with space. They work ok. Not as flat or fantastically small as I had hoped, but it'll still will take up about 50% of the room as it would have. I also got a bunch of those under the bed plastic organization boxes. I'm trying to do this as neatly and as organized as possible. This means all my stuff has to be in matching boxes. I'm not sure why that makes me feel more efficient, but it does.

But I got all of my closet (hanging clothes and shelved clothes) and all my jeans into 6 of the large bags. If you knew how many items of clothing I have, you'd be amazed. Vacuuming out the air was fun. Except I got a pillowcase caught in the vacuum and now my room smells like burning rubber. It's making me nauseous.

I need to get stuff done though. This week is going to be all packing, sorting, and loading. I'm leaving next Sunday or Monday probably. I can't believe how soon TJ will be home! I'm so stinking excited! I'm not excited about packing, driving 11 hours to Georgia, and having to unpack when I get there. Buuuuut it will be the last time for awhile hopefully.

I went to Target to get all my stuff today and when I got back TJ called and asked if I spent a fortune. So I asked what he considered a fortune. The conversation unfolded as follows...

TJ: Well, I'd say about $175.

Me: Oh, ok. Then no.

TJ: I know you spent more than $100 though. You have a $100 minimum at Target. (He then transitioned into his Michelle voice which is high and squeaky and not at all representative of the way I speak.) If I don't have $100 worth of stuff in my cart, I just start scraping packs of gum off the shelves.

Me: Whatever. I do not.

TJ: (Still in the Michelle voice) But I start at the purses. You can never have too many purses. If I don't find enough there, I head to the clothes. You always need more shirts. Next comes shoes and then housewares. If I get really desperate I'll buy something for my husband.

Me: You suck. Shut up. I'm never buying you anything ever again.

TJ: Aw baby. I'm actually really glad to have the Target addiction back.

Me: Could you say that again please? I need to turn on the tape recorder.

TJ: I said I'm just glad to have you back. And if the Target addiction comes with it, then that's fine.

Me: Nope. You said you loooooved the Target addiction. Said it gave you a reason to get up in the morning.

TJ: You can prove nothing.

Anyway, that was all random and really for no good reason other than that I love my husband and we have a blast together. Plus I'm getting all giddy to see him.

The 3rd color in the universally flattering color list is Indian teal. I wasn't really sure what the difference was between that and regular teal, but it seems that Indian teal is more blue and a little darker than the light greenish-blue-turquoise that I think of when I think teal. I tried to find things that were the right shade, but it's rather difficult. I think I did well though.


I know, I know. Again with the satin flower things. I can't help it. They're so gorgeous! And these were the perfect color teal. It was fate. They called to me.

I've been looking for a weekender bag for awhile now. I want something huge that I can put enough stuff in for a few days and not have to pack a suitcase. Since this was the perfect color teal too, I choose to think it was fate as well. I love that it zips close too!

Lolita is fun to say. It sounds saucy and sexy. Kind of like these earrings. How fun are they?? They make me want to have long dark hair and dance the salsa.

I love the tunic style shirts. They're kind of flattering on every shape. They're very forgiving and are baggy in all the right places. A universally flattering shirt in a universally flattering color...does it get better than that? No. It doesn't.

Well, TJ is getting irritated because I'm typing on here and not talking to him so I'm going to go before he pulls the Target addiction funding. This would be disastrous. We do not want that to happen.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. OK, red, teal, eggplant check


    So glad things are going your way! Good luck with the move...I hate moving

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that color! I think Coral is a good shade, one of my favorites. But hard to know which skin tone can pull it off. Personally I wear whatever color I feel like. I would wear yellow with neon green if I was in the mood. Luckily that doesn't happen too often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe the time is already here!! Now, we can't wait to come to Georgia to visit:). Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for mentioning Space Bag on your site. You are right - they are perfect for moving. Since you are a fan, check out our new online community -- Space Savers. Space Savers is all about saving space and getting organized. Plus, you'll get 20 percent off our seven bag Space Bag starter kit, just for signing up. Visit SpaceSaversCommunity.com for more information or to sign up.
    - Price, Space Saver Correspondent

    ReplyDelete