Thursday, June 10, 2010

hayley scares me...

So, I've been given a blog award by my love Hayley. With it she included a sharp and pointed reprimand: "Heaven knows you don't deserve it since you haven't posted since MARCH!" Talk about a sharp kick in the you-know-what! But it also works out, timing wise, because I have recently quit my job! So now I'll have time to post again! I know there are cheers going up all around the country.

I quit my job because it sucked. Not the job. The boss. And that's all I'm going to say. Basically, I was incredibly unhappy and life is just to short to dread waking up every morning. Plus, since TJ is gone so much I like to have the freedom to visit friends and family if I so choose and I can't do that when someone expects me to be somewhere at a certain time everyday. Inconvenient. So now I am in the beginning stages of starting my very own business. A work from home venture that will be portable. And being a military wife, needing to be portable is just a fact of life.

I'm dipping my toes into the world of Virtual Assistance. Basically, I'll be providing office and administrative support services from home. This saves the business from having to pay the overhead that an employee would generate (office space, equipment, supplies, etc.) because I provide all of that myself, as an independent contractor. Also, I wouldn't require benefits, sick pay, vacation time, retirement plans, and things of that nature. And since I'll work on an as-needed basis, they will never have to fill 40 hours a week for me.

I went to the county probate office today to file for my LLC. Once that comes back, I can really get in gear and get everything set up in my business' name. I'm also working on my website at the moment. I purchased my very own domain name yesterday, so I'm super excited about that! This has been brewing in my head for a few years now, and I am so glad that I'm finally able to give it a go.

Now, let's all pray frequently and fervently that I don't fall flat on my face. Ready? Go!

Anywho, I'm sure you've noticed that my blog has undergone some changes. I decided a face lift was in order. And I am no longer "Tile Me Beautiful". Sad, sad day. That was hard for me to take down, but with everything on my plate right now, I just don't have the time for that. So now it's just little old me.

Anyway, back to the blog award from Hayley....

Rules of the Award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about you.
3. Pass it on and let the recipient know.

So, thanks Hayley! And seven things about myself...I'll try not to bore you with stuff you already know.

1. Watering our immense lawn has become the bane of my existence. However, if my husband arrives home from "vacation" and our lawn is brown and dead, it will not be pretty. So I drag out the front and back hoses and move the sprinklers a total of 15 times over about 5 hours. Unbelievable.

2. Being an official Alabama resident isn't nearly as painful as I anticipated. I have the driver's license, car registration, and I own property in the state and I'm still breathing. Don't tell me miracles don't happen.

3. I have recently become a vitamin/supplement addict. I now take a total of 16 pills a day.

4. My new guilty pleasure is tuning my TV to HGTV, turning the volume down low, and drifting off to sleep on the couch in the middle of the day. I only allow myself to do this about once a week.

5. I was totally gung-ho about painting my new house when we moved in. Now I look at the walls and cringe at the thought. That doesn't stop me from spending at least 30 minutes in the paint section every time I go to Home Depot though.

6. I have horrible, awful, traitorous knees. They hurt incredible amounts from just sitting too long. Heaven forbid I'd do something like walk...

7. I plan on being the first person ever to own a dog trained in Shiatsu massage.

So, that's that. And now, I'm going to pass the award on to someone I truly, truly adore...


She is one of the sweetest, most entertaining, most dedicated bloggers I know. She always has super cool pictures and stories that make me want to live in her life! Plus she makes me smile and laugh and just feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Mainly I just stinking love her! So go check out her blog. It's guaranteed not to disappoint :)

Gotta go move the sprinkler now...should be the 2nd to last time. I started at 6 and it's now 10. Hopefully I'll get to sleep at some point.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you are back!! I can not wait to hear about the new job!! How exciting!!!

    Can't wait to catch up!

    I will put up my 7 things tomorrow. I am a little brain dead right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea for you on the business, I know you will be such a success!! You make me laugh as well with your seven things you wrote:). love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on getting away from an icky boss! few things in life feel better than a) quitting a crap job and b) getting a joy-sucking person out of your life. your business idea sounds right in line with the wave of the future! cheap[er] LOCAL labor.

    ReplyDelete